You may enjoy frozen taquitos from the freezer section of your local grocery store, but I much prefer lately to make them myself and freeze! They are delicious and so easy to do. Here’s the recipe for some of the most delicious freeze ahead taquitos for your family.
Ingredients and Instructions
Set your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a large sheet pan or two. Mix together in a large bowl:
- 1 lb shredded meat (pork, chicken, beef, whatever’s handy!)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 15 oz can beans of your choice – rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup salsa (your choice of mild, medium or hot!)
Dish out 1/4 cup of this filling into 14-20 tortillas, depending on how full you’d like the taquitos to be. Roll the tortillas into taquito shape and place fold side down on your sheet pan(s).
Put the taquitos in the oven for 15-18 minutes. If you’re planning to freeze them, go with a shorter time so they don’t get too crispy and brown when you reheat. If you’re planning to eat right away, just cook them to your desired crispiness level.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, cilantro, or any other kind of garnish you’d like.
To Freeze and Reheat in the Air Fryer
When freezing the taquitos for later serving, wait for the taquitos to cool off a little in the pan. Place your entire sheet pan into a freezer, as this allows the taquitos to individually freeze without getting stuck together. When they are frozen, place the taquitos into a gallon size freezer bag or two.
To reheat, place 2-3 taquitos in your air fryer on the frozen setting for 8-10 minutes. Again, this depends on how crispy you like them. You can also reheat for 2-3 minutes in the microwave, but the crispiness factor will be diminished.
- I love to double this recipe. It takes longer to cook, but then you’re fully stocked with freezer taquitos for a long time.
Leave a Reply